Conti Group Investigations: An Analysis of Their Organisational Structure, HR and Recruitment
Part 1: Conti Group’s Organisational Structure, HR and Recruitment
This is the second part of a three-part investigative series on the Russian based Ransomware-as-a-Service (RaaS) group Conti.
Each blog in the series, and our in-depth downloadable reports, focus on different aspects of Conti Group.
The three parts of this series include:
Part 1: Conti Group’s Financial Structure and Transaction History
Part 2: Conti Group’s Organisational Structure, HR and Recruitment Processes
Part 3: The Risks Conti Group Pose to the Australian Market
Who are Conti Group?
Conti is a ransomware-as-a-service (RaaS) hacking group, which also allows affiliates to rent access to its infrastructure to launch attacks. Experts say Conti is based in Russia and may have ties to Russian intelligence.
On the 27th of February 2022 an alleged Ukrainian member of the group leaked a significant amount of information related to the group. This is in reply to the group publicly showing its support for the Russian invasion.
Our WorldStack intelligence team have analysed these chat logs, resulting in this three-part series on the Conti Group.
Key Findings on Conti Group’s Organisational Structure, HR and Recruitment:
- Conti Group follows an organizational hierarchy structure with multiple departments devoted to key tasks including HR, System Administration, Coders, and Open-Source (OSINT) specialists.
- Aliases of several key figures within the Conti Group were identified.
- Conti’s key figure operates under the name Stern, effectively being the head of the group and is supported by influential members known as Salamandra, Mango, and Bentley.
- Conti’s primary source of recruitment is Russian-speaking recruitment sites and is supported by word-of-mouth referrals and Darknet forums.
- Conti Group employees receive salary payments in the form of bitcoin and salaries are either set or are paid based on a commission amount.
Download the full report
Download our full report, Part 2: Conti Group’s Organisational Structure, HR, and Recruitment, and learn about the above key findings, get a structural overview of the group, details on their specialists and leaders, how they recruit and remunerate and the potential risks to Australia and Australian citizens.
Sign up for updates
Enter your email below and we’ll let you know when parts 2 and 3 of the Conti Group series are available for download.